Squeaks Makes Safety A Top Priority With Our Carbon Monoxide Detection Service
Squeaks Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is well-known throughout the Denver, CO, area for our exceptional home comfort services, but our commitment to our customers goes above and beyond equipment maintenance, repair and installation work. We’re also on a mission to keep you and your family ‘Squeaky Safe’!
That’s why we offer thorough, affordable carbon monoxide detection service to residents of all the following communities:
Why do you need a professional to help with carbon monoxide detection service? Read on to learn more about the silent but potentially deadly force that could be lurking in your home and putting your family at risk!
Request Service Now!
Frequently Asked Questions About Carbon Monoxide
Q: Where does carbon monoxide come from?
A: Whenever fuel is burned, a colorless, odorless gas called carbon monoxide (CO) is produced. Fuel-burning appliances such as gas ranges, furnaces, water heaters and boilers are common sources of carbon monoxide in the home.
If these appliances do not vent to the outdoors properly, or if there is an improper pressure differential between the indoor and outdoor air, carbon monoxide gas can build up in the home or get sucked back into the home through a process called back drafting.
Back drafting is the reversed flow of gas that causes combustion gases to flow into living space. It happens when indoor air pressure is too low and fuel-burning appliances are unable to force combustion gases outdoors. While homeowners can spot some warning signs of backdrafting, such as soot on top of a water heater, it’s best to trust the trained experts at Squeaks to perform combustion testing and make sure back drafting is not occurring in your home.
Q: What does carbon monoxide smell like?
A: Carbon monoxide has no odor, and although you can’t smell it, breathing it in can be lethal. That’s why it’s so important to hire a trustworthy professional carbon monoxide detection service to perform CO and natural gas leak detection around the home and to install a functioning carbon monoxide detector to keep your family safe going forward.
Q: Which is the best precaution against carbon monoxide poisoning?
A: Carbon monoxide poisoning is easy to prevent if you are proactive and have the right resources on hand. Here are a few steps you can take toward carbon monoxide prevention.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector, of course! Remember to change the batteries regularly.
- Have your fuel-burning appliances inspected regularly by an HVAC company that provides carbon monoxide detection service. Squeaks Plumbing, Heating & Cooling performs thorough carbon monoxide tests for residents of Boulder, Golden and the entire Denver, CO, area. Our experts will determine if your carbon monoxide levels are too high and fix the source of the problem.
- Make sure your vents and fireplace flues are clean and not obstructed by debris.
- Be sure not to use fuel-burning grills or lanterns indoors.
- Educate yourself on the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. Those symptoms include dizziness, headaches, nausea and general confusion. If anyone in your family is experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.
Q: What does carbon monoxide do to the body?
A: Carbon monoxide depletes your body of the oxygen it needs to perform vital functions. When you breathe in high levels of carbon monoxide gas, it enters your bloodstream and displaces the flow of oxygen, stopping oxygen from reaching the heart and brain.
Once this process begins, a person can feel sick and even fall unconscious within mere minutes. This underscores the importance of a well-maintained carbon monoxide detector that will alert you and your loved ones of danger before it strikes.
Get ‘Squeaky Safe’ and Prevent CO Poisoning Today!
Carbon monoxide prevention is really as simple as calling Squeaks for a quick, affordable combustion test. Our technicians are fully trained to perform thorough carbon monoxide detection services. As part of our commitment to the safety of homeowners in Arvada, Brighton, Lafayette, Northglenn, Longmont and the surrounding communities, we’re offering some special deals on carbon monoxide testing.
- Level 3: For $85, get a home safety inspection with a furnace check, water heater check, venting check and a carbon monoxide detector.
- Level 2: For $145, get a home safety inspection with a furnace check and maintenance, water heater check, venting check and a carbon monoxide detector — with installation.
- Level 1: For $175, get a home safety inspection with a furnace check and maintenance, water heater check and maintenance, venting check and a carbon monoxide detector — with installation.
We’re also currently offering a free carbon monoxide detector with any maintenance appointment! So if you live in Louisville, Firestone, Broomfield, Erie or anywhere in the Denver, CO, area, you won’t find a more comprehensive carbon monoxide detection service than right here at Squeaks.
Our dedication to serving the community goes way beyond reliable sewer line repair and toilet repair. We care deeply about your comfort, but our mission will not be complete unless you’re also ‘Squeaky Safe’! Give our team a call today to schedule an appointment for carbon monoxide detection service or to get help with any of your plumbing, heating or cooling needs.