Heating Maintenance and Tune-Ups in Denver, CO
Especially in places like Denver, where winter temperatures can plummet well below freezing, keeping your heating system in good shape is crucial to your home maintenance routine. Without home heater maintenance services and tune-ups, your heating system can work less efficiently — or stop working altogether when you need it the most. That's why it's essential that you have a heating maintenance company you can trust, like Squeaks Home Services in Denver, CO, on speed dial. We have a team of expert heater technicians standing by to provide heater maintenance services and heating tune-ups.
How Often Should I Have My Heating System Serviced?
Ideally, you'll have your heating system serviced annually in the fall. This is in addition to any HVAC servicing on your air conditioning in the spring. While some people may think they can skip their heating system maintenance to save money, this is a costly mistake. When damage to the system is spotted and repaired early on thanks to heating service technicians, you can prevent it from worsening, meaning you'll likely save more in the long run on repairs.
What to Expect While Getting Your Heating System Serviced
During the heating system inspection, a qualified technician will review several parts to ensure they're in good working condition. These will include parts such as the heat pump, ignition, heat exchanger, vents, and piping. The technician can recommend any necessary repairs or upgrades and point out any parts that are likely to require replacement in the near future.
In addition to inspecting parts, most routine maintenance includes cleaning the indoor coil, replacing air filters, recalibrating the thermostat if necessary, and ensuring all hoses are connected properly.
Signs a Heating System Needs to Be Repaired
If you've been putting off servicing your heating system and it needs repair, there are some signs you'll probably start to notice, including:
- Your home is always cold: One of the most telltale signs something isn't right is that no matter how much you raise your thermostat, your house doesn't seem to be warm. It could be as simple as replacing a clogged-up filter, or it could mean that you need to replace the unit. A technician can tell the difference and advise you on the best course of action.
- Your pilot light is burning a different color: Pilot lights are typically blue. When different colors, like yellow, start appearing, it's a sign of something wrong. In a worst-case scenario, it could be producing carbon monoxide gas, which can be deadly if not handled promptly. Other colors can appear, such as red, orange or purple, all of which can mean that foreign compounds are burning that can pollute the air.
- You hear strange noises from your heater: While it's normal for your heating unit to make some noise while operating, certain sounds are indicative that there's a problem. Banging, screeching, and clanking sounds are abnormal and let you know it's time to contact a technician to inspect your unit.
- Your energy costs increased more than expected: When the heating is running, it's natural for your power bill to go up. However, when it's increasing more than usual, it can be a sign your HVAC system isn't working as efficiently as it could.
- Your heater is short cycling: Short cycling is when your furnace turns off and on erratically rather than running long enough to bring your home up to temperature. It's a sign something is preventing your unit from running and when caught early, it can usually be fixed.
- Your vents smell weird: Strange burning scents coming from your vents can indicate that something is wrong with the electrical components in your furnace. This should be repaired urgently to prevent potentially dangerous electrical fires or a broken-down furnace.
Request Service Now!
Who Should Do My Heating Maintenance?
Generally speaking, a trained technician should handle heating maintenance. At Squeaks Home Services, we have a team of heater technicians ready to help throughout the Denver area. We provide services to numerous areas, including Arvada, Bloomfield, Boulder, Brighton, Erie, Firestone, Golden, Lafayette, Longmont, Louisville, and Northglenn. Our heater services are offered by professional, trustworthy technicians eager to assist you.
Our services extend beyond heating maintenance as well; our technicians are ready to provide furnace maintenance or offer a complete heating system replacement. We're also equipped to handle boiler and heat pump maintenance to keep your home warm all winter long. When it's time for a heater tune-up or heater inspection, contact Squeaks Home Services!